My pictures aren't perfect. They sure aren't professional. But, they tell a story. They tell the story of my faith.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"There is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are" (2 Nephi 2:14).  That is my testimony.  That is the reason I take pictures.  Taking pictures helps me find ways to see and remember that there is a God and that I am a daughter of God.  Taking pictures helps me to see all the ways that He shows me His love for me that I might not notice if I were just going about my day to day routine.  I know we can see the love He has for each of us if will take the time too look a little each day.  Take time to "Be still and know that {he} is God" (Psalms 46:10).  The evidence is all around us.

I love the lyrics to this song:

Try and put your arms around the 100 yr old tree
Climb upon a horse and let him run full speed
Take a look out at the world from 30,000 feet
On your next flight


Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
Close your eyes and listen to the river run
Catch a firefly in your hands 
Or a raindrop on your tongue
That's right


Plant a seed and see what comes out of the ground
Find the heartbeat on your baby's ultrasound
In a few years hear him laughing
And don't it sound like a song?


Stop and think about what you don't understand
Things about life and love and how the world began
Hear the doctor say he can't explain it
But the cancer is gone

Science says it's all just circumstance
Like this whole world's just an accident
But if you want to shoot that theory down
Look around, Just look around

There is a God
There is a God
There is a God
How much proof do you need?


Here's the "proof" I found today.....











It's Spring.  Messy?  Yes.  Beautiful?  Absolutely.

1 comment:

  1. I knew my dirty yard would inspire SOMEONE; SOMEDAY!

    ReplyDelete